Thursday, January 08, 2009

Nothing new here...

Before I start getting hassled for not updating my blog...you aren't missing much. We've been cleaning the attic over the past two days. No sun, no geocaching...well, there's some sun today but chances of rain this afternoon. They are calling for sun tomorrow so we're trying to finish the upstairs work so we can go out and play tomorrow.

I started knitting a baby hat last night...I'm probably about 50% done. I'll post photos when it's finished. I used to quilt, as evidenced by my huge fabric stash that I'm rediscovering upstairs in the attic. (Along with 4 Bridgewater mugs that match my teapot! I completely forgot about those as I bought them just as we were leaving FL or CA - I cannot remember which now...but they are very difficult to come by. I was very tickled at that find yesterday!) I cannot tell you how many unfinished projects there are up there. I got out of quilting when we moved to San Diego and there wasn't any room for my sewing machine. Then we moved here and the twins haven't taken naps since that time. I'm really looking forward to everyone being in school next year so I can sew in the afternoons again. I will probably sort through some of that fabric and sell on Craigslist or Ebay. There's no sense to have so much! (It's really all about wool and yarn now anyway since knitting is so portable...and now that we have the camper...I'm so very thankful I bought the Lendrum wheel...it will fold and travel with me!)

Better get back to work! I'll post some photos in a few days...but really, you aren't missing much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till my attic is cleaned out. Love ya!