Thursday, January 22, 2009

FO - Prelude Fingerless Mitts...

On my lap in the afternoon sun

FINISHED!


A fast and satisfying project. In this one, I learned how to do a thumb gusset. The second thumb is much nicer looking than the first, c'est la vie. Next time I'll know exactly what to do and both mitts will be perfect!

I spent a little time spinning yesterday...proof is that my wheel is in the kitchen and not in the front room where it has been living since the beginning of January...



I'm going to be casting on for 2 PSU scarves soon...they are for 2 of my A-Phi-O brothers. One lives in Indiana and the other in Florida. I plan to make them in the "Hogwarts" pattern but with navy and white yarns.

I also wanted to post a photo of the drawing Delaney made on her "snow day"...it says "Dear Mother Nature may you please send us some snow". Pay particular attention to the windows...that's us looking out and waiting for the snow. Sweet girl. She even put it under her pillow Tuesday night, just in case Mother Nature came by to visit us. I guess if it works for the Tooth Fairy, it ought to work for every other member of the make-believe world!

1 comment:

Laura said...

The mitts look great! I am in the middle of a pair for myself and am winging it.