Monday, December 29, 2008

Whirlwind

It's been a whirlwind holiday season. We've had company non-stop since Dec 23. On Saturday I took the kids up to Williamsburg to see my friend Stacey's parents and her children (Stace died in March 2007). We've been out geocaching a little but mostly we have been at home spending time with family. I haven't had much of a chance to sit and update you. Sorry about that.

Last night around 10:30, Delaney started vomiting. Everyone (Grandma, Aunt Debbie, Daddy) insisted it was because she had a bunch of junk food yesterday...popcorn, soda, candy at the movies, dinner at Red Robin, etc etc, but it turns out there is a stomach virus among us. Tinna started vomiting around 11. Both girls continued just about every 30 to 45 minutes all night...ending this morning around 6. I slept on their floor for most of the night. I use the term "slept" lightly. I had about 1 hour of sleep throughout the entire night. At 6:30, William woke up because he had slept through the entire night and was ready for the day! I told him to go back to bed and be quiet. I came into my bed (because Steven had left for work by then) and fell asleep. William came in at 8:44 crying because he had been sitting awake in his bed for those 2 hours waiting for me to come and tell him to get up like I usually do. Poor boy! Everyone is up and awake now and I've been banished to my bedroom to get some rest. So, I thought I would take a few minutes to update you before I close my eyes...and now you know!

No comments: