Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14, 2008

Busy day today. I've already gotten my groceries. Soon it will be time to pick up the twinkies at school, feed them lunch, put away laundry, and clean the house...all before Delaney gets home from school. After she gets here, we are going to play at Trish's house...she lives down the street and has three children, too. I bought some hot dogs and frozen pizzas so we'll eat dinner there as both of our husband's are busy with work this evening. I'm sure it will be a fun time for all.

This week-end we'll run errands. I'm hoping to finish up some knitting by Sunday. I have one more project to get done and I'd like to be able to take it to PA with me at Thanksgiving.

Last night Steven and the kids made homemade butter. They had fun doing it but he put too much salt in it. Blech. I think they'll try again this week-end. I'd like him to try to make a batch with honey and see what happens. Maybe I'll make some fresh bread to go with it. Mmmmm! Supposed to be 73F tomorrow but in the 50s Sunday so that will be a perfect day for homemade soup and hot bread! Wal-Mart had pumpkins for .01 today. Can you believe it? I got two for Ashley and one for myself. I'm going to try my hand at crock-pot pumpkin puree and then freeze it for another time. I might go back and get more pumpkins if it works out well. I could use it in breads and soups and who knows what else. Too cool.

My photos today are of food and not kids. Sorry! We took our holiday photos on Tuesday because Steven was off work and it was beautiful outside. I won't reveal them until I send out the cards. We have one or two good ones. Delaney pitched a fit about her shoes and swore she wouldn't smile in any of the photos. There were tears for at least 30 minutes. Ridiculous. Anyway, she ended up smiling after all. Glad she forgot about being miserable.

Homemade butter!

Hot reubens we made Tuesday with the leftover corned beef from Monday's crockpot dinner...served with an icy cold Penn Breweries Oktoberfest beer. Life doesn't get much better than this. The only thing that would have made it perfect would be some potato salad to go beside it.

No comments: