Saturday, August 02, 2008

Oops, I did it again!

Bought wool, that is. Roving to be exact...stash enhancement. Mary had this at our spinning class and it is from her Border Leicester sheep...gorgeous. Spins like a dream and is soft as can be. Love it love it love it. I thought perhaps to dye it before spinning but she advises against that. I'm not so sure that's what I want to do. I really need to do the research before I make any sort of decision.



I've been having trouble with blogger so I wasn't able to write an update last night. This will be a quick one as it is dinnertime here and there is a ton to be done before we leave for NY this week. We were super busy yesterday...drove up to Williamsburg to see Alice at her time-share...spent the day swimming at Wyndham Kingsgate...they have a beautiful facility with 2 outdoor pools (one for families, one for adults only), an indoor pool, mini-golf, and a game room...oh, and an outdoor grill/bar! Hello Margaritaville. We were all in heaven! Below are a few shots of my kids playing with new friends. Dinner at Golden Corral...that was a CRAZY place...very busy but the food was good. Home late last night. We thought we might go to the beach today but passed on it this morning when we (I) realized how much work was ahead of me in the next few days. As it was, we spent most of the day running to the NEX, Commissary, pool store, Kroger...then Steven went out to Lowe's by himself for a few things. I've promised the kids if they are good and help me tidy tomorrow morning I will take them to the Coast Guard pool later in the day. (our pool is green and almost beyond the point of no return - more on that another time) Anyway, tonight is grilling - steak and shrimp.

I'm looking forward to a quiet evening of spinning and Britcoms. I haven't had enough time at the wheel and am feeling the withdrawl already.

Enjoy the photos!





1 comment:

Yarn Tails said...

Busy. I would go ahead and dye before spinning. You should be fine. Good Luck. One thing that I haven't done yet this year is swimming and I am missing it.