Friday, August 15, 2008

Doing our part to stimulate the economy...

I walked in the house to this scene last night after my spinning class...



It's not like I was in shock or anything, we've been discussing it for a few months now and the Economic Stimulus Check made it possible. Still, it seems absurd to own a tv that big. I must admit, Gilmore Girls looked pretty good on it so I won't complain!

Another busy day today. Steven and I have a fancy-schmancy formal dinner to go to tonight with other officers from his ship. We will be spending the night ALONE in a hotel. My dad is here from PA to stay with the kids and Henry. I was expecting him to show up here later this afternoon (he was given instructions to arrive before 4:00) but he walked in the door right around 8:00 this morning! Kind of creepy to be sitting on the couch checking email and hear the front door lock turn and the door open. I knew it wasn't Steven because I had just spoken to him on the phone and I couldn't imagine it would be anyone else who has a key to our house.

Two photos for you below...

Our first tomato haul...

A visitor in the yard.

3 comments:

Laura said...

wow the tomatoes look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the air because Rick came home with one of those big tv's this week also.

Yarn Tails said...

We got one of them tvs this last spring. Love it. But its so hard to put it in too many different spots.

Tomatoes look yummy. Makes me wish I had a garden. My grandma use to make tomato preserves. One of my grandpas favorite on toast.