Monday, July 14, 2008

Utterly and completely...

ADDICTED to fiber!!!

Here's the last photo of Cotton Candy Yarn that you'll see for awhile. I do not have a niddy noddy (yet) with which to prepare the skein properly...but you can see in the photo this is a typical "first" yarn. Lots of thick and thin spots - no real consistency in my spinning ability on the wheel.



Rainy days are dangerous around here. I made the mistake of joining the "Loopy Goodness" groups on both Ravelry and Flickr. OMG are these bats beautiful. I was led into temptation by this one...



It is called "Mint Chocolate Chip" and is made from bamboo in three yummy layers of colour (brown, mint green, white). I'm thinking socks. Auntie Lori wants a scarf from it...but I'm still thinking socks. For me. I'll see what it looks like once I get it spun up. I'm sure it will talk to me and tell me what it wants to be.

Then there is this in my stash...



Hubs got it for me when he was in France in May. 300gr of "Bleu Savon" by Bergere. The label shows photos of the felting process so I honestly *think* this is meant to be felted...but it predrafts well enough that I think I can spin it.

Decisions, decisions. I hope my bat from Loop comes quick so I can start on that. Until then, I think I'll practice with my drop spindle!

1 comment:

HanneJ said...

That's some delicious fiber! I haven't been spinning much lately, because of the christmas present production..
Barefoot, that is some weird group! I actually know of a guy who's walking barefoot all year (in the north og cold and wet Norway)
He says it's not a problem at all, the skin under his feet are so thick that it would be very uncomfortable to wear shoes...
Me, on the other hand, is a shoelover ;) I could never get too many!