Monday, July 07, 2008

General update...

Just a quick general update...Steven had 24-hour duty Saturday into Sunday so we went to his ship to have dinner with him late Saturday afternoon. He took the kids around the ship (they like the catwalk best) and I sat in his office and spun. Got home, got the kids in bed and spun some more...then I went to bed and read a bit of The Joy Luck Club. I'm enjoying it and I'm almost finished. Up next, "The Botany of Desire" or "America Alone", not sure which...I have Botany sitting here waiting so it will probably be that.

We had quite a few thunder storms Saturday night and some patches of rain yesterday. The garden seems to be thriving now. I hope this pattern continues. We have pulled off 2 cherry tomatoes and 1 Heirloom Brandywine, but all are terribly catfaced (cracked). Another on the vine to harvest later today, but it is catfaced too. Zucchini is not doing so well...every flower seems to be attacked by black fungus-y looking stuff and drops off. I guess I need to go get some pesticide, even though I wanted to try to maintain an organic garden...at this pont, I think I want zucchini worse!!! There are about 5 glads in bloom now, in addition to what was already blooming. I planted four nasturtium seeds that Pia sent me from Norway in a very large pot and something dug them out the first night. I thought that was the end of it, but today I see a seedling appearing so now I have hope that one of them may have survived!

Oh, in regards to Le Tour de Fleece, I'm right on track. This goal of 10 minutes each day is good...I seem to doing at least an hour once I get started. Yay! I'll try to post photographic evidence tomorrow.

Today, it is sunny and hot again...we spent about 90 minutes in the pool this afternoon. Delaney had music camp this morning. I took the twins to TJ Maxx with me to return some shoes and picked up some very cute sheets for each of the kids. Then we came home and read for about 15 minutes before we had to get Delaney.

I'm just sitting here now having a cup of chocolate coffee (again, from Pia) and it is really good. I have a little 100 calorie pack of "Lorna Doone" shortbread cookies to go with it. Kids are watching a Princess Jasmine movie and eating popcorn. I need to go look at RecipeZaar for a bit to get some ideas for dinner. And that's really about all of the excitement from here!

No comments: