Monday, July 07, 2008

Fools?

Call me a fool...

We were walking Henry tonight and were just at our yard when another dog started coming up to us. I told it to go home and it started walking down the middle of our road toward the big street that is beside our house. At 4:30 in the afternoon, that just isn't the place for a dog to be walking due to the volume of traffic so I put Henry and the kids inside, clipped the leash on the stray and walked over to the music school to see if she belonged to anyone there. Nope. Back to my house where I put her in the backyard. I got the kids and we walked up the street a ways to talk to some neighbors...no one has a dog matching her description in our neighborhood. By the time it was all said and done, it was too late to call Animal Control or the vet's office. I put two signs out along the big road saying "Found Dog" and a brief description. Tomorrow I'm going to call the vet's to see if they can look at her...maybe they will recognize her or perhaps see if she is microchipped (doubtful since she has a collar but no ID tag!!!). I'll call the shelters to let them know she's been found...but for now...she's hanging with us. She's very quiet and calm, is friendly to the children, and Henry seems to not be bothered by her in the least. If you recognize this dog, please contact me! We really want her to go home to her family.


2 comments:

Laura said...

It always makes me so sad to see stray dogs ... I hope you find the owners!

Shannon said...

Me, too. She is a very sweet girl. If the owners don't come looking for her soon, she will be up for adoption. If you have any friends who might be interested, please let me know. We just cannot keep her permanently.