Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hot again...

Oh man, is it ever hot here. 97F yesterday (that's about 36 for you celcius people). I've been sooo tired lately. I'm sure the heat has a lot to do with it and partly that I NEVER get an entire night of sleep...someone is awake almost every morning around 4. Ugh. Last night it was Tinna because she wet her bed and once I got back to sleep, it seemed like William was there asking me to turn on the Bee Movie (at 6:30 this morning)!

Anyway, we stuck around the house yesterday because I didn't have the energy or desire to go anywhere. I can't even tell you what I did with my day...baked a fruit kuchen...knitted...deadheaded some flowers. Steve and the kids were in the pool for HOURS. Today, we've been home, waiting for rain but honestly, I think it's going to pass over. Bah! We need the rain so badly right now. *I* swam today, rode 6 miles on my stationary bike - my first work-out in quite a few weeks...knitted...read. Steve is smoking a chicken. He's still on leave this week and we are planning to spend at least one day at the beach. If it rains tomorrow, we're going to start priming the kitchen cabinets instead. The house is a complete wreck and I just cannot seem to get control of it these days. I thought having another adult around would help but I only seem to be lazier than normal because now there's someone to sit and chat with!!!

Here are some new garden photos that I took this morning...hope you enjoy them!

The photo is a bit blurry but I think this might be a balloon flower. What do you think?

Look at our zucchini plant!!! I can't wait to havest this baby!

Gladiolus are coming along nicely now...

Hubs added some zig-zag wiring in the corner for the morning glories to climb and the black edging indicates how large the garden is going to become next year...or maybe in the fall when temps cool down a bit.

Bachelor buttons come in all shades of blues, pinks, and lavenders and I just love them...

The liatris (feathery looking plants) are getting tall but show no sign of flowering...

The clematis in the front yard is growing much quicker than I imagined it would. Hopefully it will cover this arch next year. I have a small cutting that is rooting now and it will be added to the other side of the bench in a few weeks.

Some little bees working on the sunflowers...

A hosta that was divided back in the spring...it's still HUGE!

No comments: