Thursday, May 15, 2008

Delaney...

Ok, so, ANOTHER long night last night and not due to the dog. This time it was Delaney. I think I turned out my light around 11. At 12:43, I heard someone scream "Mommy!" and ran into the girls' room to find Delaney vomiting in her barf bucket (which all 3 kids now sleep with...Debbie, you all can laugh but THIS is why!!!). She'd had a fever when she went to bed along with a runny nose...so, basically, she was vomiting up mucus, like she always does when she has a cold. I put her in my bed so she wouldn't wake Tinna. She had trouble getting back to sleep and woke me up at 2:45 to ask me to stop snoring. (Yes, I snore with the best of them!) So...I came out to the couch, she had my bed all alone and both of us finally went back to sleep. Today, she still has a fever but its a tad lower...she's home from school yet again.

We did take the twinkies to school as today is their last day until next fall. Boo-hoo! No more time alone for 3 months!!!

So here we are...I'm feeling like crap, Delaney's feeling like crap, and there's rain on the way. Oh, what a fun few days we are going to have! Right now she's trying to eat some toast and I'm just hanging out on the couch. I might try to close my eyes while the twins are at school because, honestly, I don't know if I can take many more days of feeling this tired. It kind of puts me in mind of those early twin days when Steven and I walked around like zombies.

No comments: