Monday, April 07, 2008

Giada is a goddess

I love love love Giada DeLaurentiis. Everything she cooks is simple and clean. I recently watched an episode of Everyday Italian that was for beginners. On it, she made "Fusilli a la Caprese" and "Fish & Vegetable Pockets" (not what you think, it was fish and veggies baked in tin foil) and some chocolate cookies for dessert. I wasn't so interested in the cookies but the fish and veggie pockets and the pasta all looked simply amazing. I bought ingredients for both dishes. Yesterday was rainy (again) and I was a bit lonely and depressed. I emailed Liudwih to see if she, V, and N would come hang out with us. They were busy running errands but she said they'd come out for dinner...

So we cooked...(like we almost always do!)





Sauce made from olive oil, garlic, and cherry tomatoes. Fresh basil and mozzarella. Fusilli in all it's glory. The only thing I would have changed about this recipe last night would be to have reserved a few cherry tomatoes to top the dish. Heavenly goodness! Very delicious and very healthy.

V hooked up our Wii and all of the kids had a blast playing the carnival games.


No comments: