Monday, March 31, 2008

Wooo-hoo!

Delaney goes back to school today! The past week has felt like a year. I'm completely ready to be back into a routine and I think she is, too, honestly. She misses her friends and doing things in school.

It was a quiet week-end. Frigid cold on Saturday so we went to the Commissary for groceries. I was just going to go to Wal-Mart since that is easier with the three kids (the Commissary doesn't have any of those mommy carts that hold 2 children), but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how it would save money to just suck it up and go to the Commissary. My grocery bills are 30-40% cheaper there. So, I went. The kids did alright...we rotated who sat in the big basket a few times and that seemed to work. We saw Ash and Patrick and their kids and that was funny. Later that night, I made Liudwih's chana masala and Ash came over with the kids because Patrick went to the movies. They stayed until about 8 and then it was time for bed.

Yesterday was dreary and rainy, not much action here. I forgot to say, I weighed myself on Saturday morning and discovered I was only *1* pound away from my first goal. Yahhhooo! What started out as stress management and an oath to eat more fruits and vegetables for the next year has really started to pay off. I've lost over 10 pounds since January. That inspired me to use my exercise bike again, which I've done for the past two days now. I hadn't worked out in a month due to my mother's death, two trips to PA, illnesses, parties, spring break...phew! So, I'm a tad sore but it's not terrible. Yesterday, I started reading French Women for All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano (author of French Women Don't Get Fat) and that's provided more inspiration for me. I loved her first book, loaned it to my mom back in the summer when she was here. I never got around to buying the second book but I found it in her collection after she died. Great book.

Today, I'll be tidying the house. My Uncle Bob and Aunt Bonnie are going to be in town and are scheduled to visit late in the afternoon. I'm making a chicken casserole for dinner and hope it will turn out as well as it has in the past. I roasted the chicken yesterday so all I have to do today is cut the veggies, mix it all together, and bake it for an hour.

That's about it from here. Better go feed the kids and get the day started!

No comments: