Thursday, March 13, 2008

New name for March

It's now being called "The Vomit Month" in case you haven't heard. Why is it that the stomach virus almsot always strikes this family in March??? I was up from 2:40 a.m. onward due to William vomiting. I'm hoping he will be the only one affected but I wouldn't place any bets on it. (I think you can figure out the math - their are 4 in this household currently and the stomach virus is considered "contagious" or "easily transmitted") This completely SUCKS as the kids have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, I need to do some shopping, AND now it means I'm going to miss the opportunity to hand out invites to kids at Will & Tinna's school (until next Tues) AND their Kindermusik class! Giving people only 3 or 4 days notice at best. Ugh. I could really kick myself for procrastinating on this whole party thing. Sometimes I wonder if the kids wouldn't have been just as happy had I bought them cake and just sang "Happy Birthday" to them!!!

So...now you know how my day will go. As soon as my coffee is done, I'm heading to the laundry room to sort out the barfy sheets. Fun, fun.

1 comment:

MariHana said...

Oh, poor you! Matsu's home sick today, too. I hear ya about the barfy sheets. One year we were all so sick that Ross and I had to draw straws to decided who was going to crawl down the stairs to the laundry room to wash/dry the vomit-covered sheets, towels, clothes, toys, etc. That was the year I started collecting yogurt buckets and lids so that whenever this happens (like on a roadtrip,YUGH!) I just past around the stack of buckets/lids and have them yack into those. Then you can just lid them and chuck 'em. There, a tip from someone who's been there and done that far too many times. Hang in there and please, don't you get sick, too.