Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Update

It seems like it's been forever since I've updated this blog. Time flies when you are having fun...or something like that! At any rate, we've been busy and I've been distracted, but I think life will start to settle back down now. At least until next week-end (the 22nd) when I have the big party for all 3 kids. I'm behind on that...I haven't even gotten the invitations together yet. Hopefully some kids will show up and it won't be a complete let down. Steven's uncle is coming to do some magic tricks and I've also booked Ryan the Balloon Guy. I'm planning to have a veggie tray, Chik-Fil-A chicken nugget tray, and cake. Nothing too fancy. With Easter being the very next day, I'm trying to avoid giving out candy and instead, I'm going to hit the Dollar Tree and get a 100 piece puzzle for each kid as their party favour. Cool idea...I ripped it off from Delaney's friend Nick's folks. We had to go to PA the week-end of Nick's party but they kept the favours for us anyway. My kids were thrilled by it.

On the needles: I've completely frogged the Forest Canopy Shawl for now. I didn't have the right size needles and the stitches were too large. The project is on hold until I find myself a pair of Addi Turbo Lace needles or a nicer bamboo set than the Clover's I was using. The Clover's were quite dull at the tips and each stitch was a struggle. I'm about half-way done with the Amanda Hat and it's very enjoyable. I must admit, I had quite a time getting it started and thanks to Mary and the infinite amount of patience she has with my stupid emails, it's coming along nicely. (Thank you, Mary. You truly ROCK!!!) Photo of it below.

We got to watch the twins in their swimming class Tuesday morning. They had a blast and we were impressed with the skills they've aquired during this school year. I cannot believe how big they are getting. Proper little kids now and no longer babies.

Spring appears to be here in VA. My crocuses are sprouting out of the earth and many of the trees are in bloom. I love VA in the spring. I just picked up a ton of plants and bulbs this week. I cannot wait to get started putting them in the ground. Not sure of frost times here but temperatures are in the 60's today so I'm hoping only another week or two before I can get started.

Photos: Tinna in the pool. William in the pool. The Amanda Hat in the late afternoon sun. Crocuses in bloom. An offering left to the fairies (tomte) by Delaney...coloured rocks and notes asking for a wand that will never lose it's power and can bring me back to life when I die! Awww!





No comments: