Monday, March 17, 2008

A few photos from the day...

Well, it was a busy one and I did get a lot accomplished. The twins are now registered for pre-school for the fall in the M-F program. I cannot believe it. In just 6 months, I'll get an entire *15* hours each week ALL ALONE!!! I never thought this day would come. I'm almost misty-eyed over it. *sniff sniff* My babies are growing so fast. Just look at this photo below. Proper kids now. No more baby faces.


We had pizza for dinner, followed by egg-shaped cookies and Turkey Hill "Party Cake" ice cream. For quite awhile (ie, last summer), this was my favourite ice cream in the whole world. After eating one scoop of it tonight, I feel bloated and completely miserable. Don't know if it is because I haven't been "treating" myself to this kind of crap for the past 3 months or if I'm just still not "right" inside my tummy. Ick. The feeling is not pleasant in the least. At any rate, kids had a great night. Lots of screaming and shouting in excitement, followed by a knock-down-drag-out game of "Hungry Hungry Hippos". It always gets physical in the end. I had to send everyone to bed 30 minutes early because William kicked Delaney in the stomach because she was hogging all of the marbles (this was my understanding of what happened, it really could have been completely different in reality). The idea of taking the kids to the Dollar Tree to pick gifts for each other was a hit. No one was diasppointed. I'd say all-in-all, this was a very nice birthday for the twinkies.

Here are a few more photos from tonight:







And lastly: the beginnings of my "Truly Tasha's Shawl".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday Delaney William and Tinna! Glad it was a good one.

Anonymous said...

A belated 'Happy birthday' from me, too!
The Tasha-Shawl looks great. Would you be angry if I cast on one, too, in the next two weeks? I finished spinning my Gotland and this is just the project the yarn calls for.

Liebe Grüße
Ulrike

Debbie B said...

15 extra hours each week...I don't know for sure but it sounds like its time for another twinkie!!!

Shannon said...

Liz: thanks! Yeah, they had a fun birthday.

Ulrike: Thank you for the birthday wishes! Of course you can cast on for a Truly Tasha Shawl. It's a gorgeous one, don't you think?! I'll be excited to see yours. I would even bet you will finish first! =)

Debbie: bite your tongue. I'm DONE. I'm too old, anyway...and you've seen our house...where would we put another one?!?!