Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday

Yesterday, again, was beautiful but the wind was absolutely terrible. We had two tree limbs fall on the property, loads more "gumballs" (not sure what these are really called...they are little prickly balls that fall off an ugly tree at the front of our property - and our neighbors have one of these trees so the balls blow into our yard, too), pinecones, and leaves in the yard. It almost looks as if we didn't do any work at all out there! Ugh. So...just when I bragged about how beautiful my yard looked, it seems as if I will have to go out and do it all over again. Go figure.

I puttered around in the house all day. Putting away laundry, cleaning up toys, vacuuming. Kids played in the playroom almost all day as it was too dangerous to go out and stay out for very long. Everyone had baths and around 3pm we walked the dog. After that, I cut some herbs to take to Liudwih (rosemary and oregano from my garden) and we headed out to her house. McDonald's for dinner...nothing special. V was nice enough to pick up a chocolate malt for me when he ran out for his dinner and now I'm going to have to spend the entire day riding my exercise bike! Ha! It was worth every single calorie - I shared with the kids, too, so I guess, realistically, I'll be ok. Still, with my dad here last week, I didn't workout one time, except for raking the yard (does that count???). Need to get back to it this week.

I was the only one who turned up at Liudwih's last night. Still, it was nice to be there. I always feel at home when I'm at her place. The kids played, we knitted...even V is learning how to knit. Yes, real men KNIT. If you don't believe ME, ask the Yarn Harlot. I'm working frantically at my Pel to try to get these last 10cm finished up. It's KILL.ING. ME. It's the sweater that never ends. Once I get the body done, I still have two sleeves to do! My wonderful friend Mary in Canada sent me some GORGEOUS lace-weight yarn with which I'm going to be making the Forest Canopy Shawl. (I'll post photos soon, I swear, I just need a day or two to get myself together here) And some Sean Sheep yarn for a tea cosy. (Mary, Liudwih and I were impressed, btw, that Wal-Mart Canada carries this lovely grade of wool...all we get is Red Heart acrylic! Life is so unfair.) I have so many projects in my mind - smaller, do-able projects...I just need to get this Pel finished so I can get on with the rest of it! Ahhh, anyway.

Nothing spectacular is planned for today. Mundane stuff...it is garbage day, Delaney goes to school, I think Ashley is coming over for a bit of knitting later as she is stuck on how to "float" her yarn while doing some two-stranded knitting...and that's about it!

No comments: