Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thank you, Dell!

Except for Ashley's visit this morning, I'd say this day has been almost a complete waste. I promised the twins I'd talk them on a walk as it is sunny and warmer than it has been. Ash left around 11:30 to go pick up Evan at school and I got on the phone with Dell about 10 minutes after she was gone. I *just* got off the phone at 2:50! BUT, I have wireless internet access again (I'm writing this from the family room while the twins play playdoh) so it was all worth the time and the $40 in the end. The problem turns out to be not a hardware problem at all, but some sort of setting change on our wireless router box. The techie said he couldn't begin to tell me how it got changed but if it happens again, I'll have a "case number" and I can call Dell and they can fix it again. Oooook. Sure hope it won't happen again.

Delaney's due home soon and this family room has been trashed by the twins being neglected...there are puzzles everywhere I look...so I better go and get things straightened up. I'm thinking it's going to be an easy supper night...maybe pizza or McDonald's or something like that. I'm not feeling sick today just very, very tired. I wonder if I caught Josh's mono at Yule. I didn't kiss him, but I breathed the same air. Is mono an airborne illness??? Liudwih said it was. Hmmm. How long is the incubation period, anyway? I'll have to go do some google-ing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cool beans you got your internet fixed! Woohoo! I would die without connection! Oh, I really don't think mono is airborne...

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to tell you that I love that Vanilla Chai that you gave me! Wow! I added some suagr and it kinna tastes like coffee. LOL! Yummy! Thanks!

Liudwih said...

Mono isn't airborne it is in the saliva. So blowing a horn and showering droplets over everyone would not be a good thing. That being said I did find out that most adults are immune to it.

Shannon said...

Ash: glad you like the tea. I'll give you the rest of it the next time you are here. I'm not that happy with it.

Liudwih: Yeah, after I made the post I looked up info and discovered that my exhaustion is the ONLY symptom I actually have. I more closely match "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" than mono.