Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh man, am I behind today!

My morning started at 4 with Delaney calling for me because she peed the bed. She did the same Thursday night, but actually didn't know it until the morning because it was such a small amount. Last night was a soaker, though, and I had to get her in clean panties and everything else before we went back to bed. She did pretty well...usually she tries to tell me she wants to stay up and watch tv or come into my bed, but she behaved and went right back into her bed without complaint. Me, on the other hand, well, I was still awake at 5. I must have drifted off pretty soon after that as the next time I looked at my clock it was 7:08 or something like that. I really try to get up and out to walk the dog before 7 so I really started out behind on everything today. The mornings seem to be staying darker longer and I'm waking later and later. I did stay up a bit too late last night watching Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty on Soundstage - lights out about 11:15 - and I'm sure that accounts for some of the slownes today also.

Even my laundry day started out bad. I opened up the washer to put in my first load and there was a whole load of wet sheets in there! Whaaaat?! I NEVER do this kind of thing. I wash and dry the laundry and fold it promptly. Sometimes it takes me a few days to get motivated to put it away but I almost always do the first three steps quickly. Ack. So, anyway, I'm only on my third load now (2pm) and it's all been bedding so far. Haven't even started on our clothes so I guess I'll be doing laundry all week-end.

Had to go to the post office and Wal-Mart today. Spent a lot of time walking around Wal-Mart, looking at the sale clothes, picking out Valentine's for kids for school. Got a few things for the kids as a lot of the winter items are only $2 and $3 right now. I also picked up a 2 quart crock-pot so I can try out a new steel cut oats recipe. Will do that tonight and report on it tomorrow if it works out well.

That's about it for today. OH! I did upload two more videos on YouTube. One of Delaney playing her glockenspiel and one of Henry talking to me. Fun, fun.

Tinna has the sniffles so I guess we are soon in for colds again. We've had a pretty good run of no illness for about 3 weeks now but with school back in session and the crazy weather patterns, I know it's time to get hit with something again.

Plans for tomorrow: a trip with Liudwih to an Indian market. Supposed to be very cold here. I looked for a snow shovel at Wal-Mart but no luck. Don't think I'll really need it but I kind of hope I do! =)

No comments: