Sunday, January 13, 2008

New photos of the kids

Some new photos of the kids for you today. Yesterday wasn't very exciting. I got the laundry put away, I changed sheets on all the beds, I vacuumed the girls' room but that's as far as I got. I didn't get the rest of the house vacuumed or dusted. I couldn't get motivated. It was gray, I was cold. Oh well. Plenty more days to clean, right? The house isn't unbearably dirty anyway.

I took the kids over to the park yesterday and we stayed for about an hour. It was chilly, about 55F and a bit on the windy side (maybe 10 - 15 knots). It reminded me of a warm day in Iceland. While the kids played, I sat there and closed my eyes and tried to remember those times when we drove into the silent interior of Iceland...no one around for miles and miles...no traffic noise...nothing but fresh air and unspoiled beauty. If you just sit like that here, you know, with your eyes closed and being still, you will be amazed at the amount of noise around you. Cars, airplanes, birds, dogs, people, "invisible" noise from wires overhead. It's enough to drive you crazy almost.

Plans today: Shannon and I are going to check out a food store in Norfolk...then back to her house for a lesson in cheesemaking with other kindred ladies. I'll try to take some photos and put them on Flickr. Sounds like a fun time! I'm so glad she set this up...I was really in need of some other estrogen around me.

Here are the photos...All of those cuddlies came out of Tinna's bed yesterday (!!!), Delaney holding a quarter...she found .50 in the sand at the bottom of the slide (no one else was around so I allowed her to keep it), three photos of kids hanging around on the dome.





No comments: