Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do you see this?



THIS is how I spent my hour alone today. I woke up this morning with my tummy feeling not so happy. After the twinkies were at school and Delaney on the bus, I debated between soaking in a long, hot bath or taking a nap. The bath won. It's been ages since I've had one...I don't even think I've taken one since we moved to this house. In Iceland, I had relaxing baths numerous times each week. Ever since moving back to the states, it's been master bedrooms with just shower stalls, and kids, and no privacy to be had...let alone the fact that because I have to go into the hallway bathroom, I run the risk of waking the kids once they are asleep. So...most times, even when I say "I think I'll have a bath tonight", I forego the idea in the end. For this bath, you can see the pink water from a LUSH bomb that was most likely purchased in Orlando, FL in 2006, and my cup of Licorice Spice tea. I also took Nancy Marie Brown's "The Far Traveler" with me because I'm at a point in it where I just don't want to stop reading. (Plus, it's nice reading in the tub...despite what senior preservation librarians have told us in the past)

Turtle tank has been cleaned. Yuck. That's always so much work because it isn't just the tank that gets cleaned, it's the tub and sink afterwards, too. Big ordeal that I dread with a passion.

Delaney is due home in a little while. I still feel like crud. Hope this is just an off day and not a tummy virus getting set to attack us. Everyone has been out of sorts for a day or two, so who knows.

Below is a photo of a Poly Pocket colouring book page Delaney did two days ago. I found it on the kitchen floor and had to laugh. "Me! Me! Me! Me!" Yep. Story of her life...little princess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same situation with baths. Its just not the same with kids' toys all around you! Next house will have a tub!!!