Sunday, December 16, 2007

RIP Dan Fogelberg

I'm not one of those people who has to announce every celebrity death on her blog but this one made me do a "oh" - sharp breath intake kind of sound that I can't even figure out how to spell. Here's the yahoo story. How sad. "Same Old Lang Syne" has to be one of my top 50 favourite songs...it hit the charts about the time that I really became aware of music and I remember it being on the radio countdown on New Year's Eve the very first year I was allowed to stay up until midnight. Awww. I'm so sad. Dan Fogelberg. What a great singer-songwriter. You will be missed.

We've been busy this week-end. Party at our neighbor's house last night...we didn't get home until 10pm. Kids were up at 7:15 this morning. I cleaned up around the house today and ran to Wal-Mart for dog food and more cold medicine (yes, I'm still sick...I'm actually at the stage where I'm losing my voice and the kids love it because I can't yell any longer). This evening I took the kids to the McDonald's up the street for dinner and then we went out to VA Beach to see our kindred friends and help plan our group Yule celebrations. We're going to have a lot of fun in the next two weeks.

So, now I'm watching Survivor and getting ready to pay bills. The fun never ends!

No comments: