Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Here's a nifty little link where you can boost your vocabulary power as you help feed the world's hungry. Check it out!

There's not much to blog about today...it's been quiet since Sharon left. Delaney and the twins had school today. I vacuumed my house and then had a cuppa in my "free time". What is wrong with me? Ashley (and kids and hubby) are supposed to come over to have pizza with us tonight. That will be nice. The kids have been asking to play and now that I have such a clean playroom, the timing couldn't be better!

Santa brought me an early Yule gift this past week-end. The Wind in the Willows. I read the introduction last night and will start on the story tonight if I happen to be granted a quiet evening. I have it on good authority that I will also receive this book from Santa...you know, because I'm SUCH a good girl all year long!

On the knitting front: I'm still working on Tinna's loomed scarf and a Santa hat for a newborn baby. The Santa hat is also being loomed and is turning into a long drawn-out affair as I'm using the "knit stitch" instead of the "e-wrap". I thought it would be a quick project that I could whip out in an evening or two, but I think it would have been quicker to do it in the round on dpns after all! I'll post a photo if I ever get it done. The Pel wrap is on my chair in the front room but I haven't worked on it since last week. I really want to get these other two little projects completed first and then hit that one with all I've got. I really want to get it done so I can start in on a pair of socks or the Molly Weasley sweater (which I think I'll crochet...or at least I'll crochet the arms...because I truly dislike the knitted pattern in Charmed Knits)

No comments: