Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wee gardens...

I saw some really cool terrarium photos on this blog last night. I was thinking of them as I walked the dog this morning and then I started to wonder if moss is sold online. We don't have much of it in our new yard and I've always loved it for as long as I can remember. Anyway, after I got back and poured my coffee, I did a google search on "moss plant" and discovered that "Yes", one can purchase moss online. (OF COURSE! One can buy ANYTHING online!) And that's when I discovered the world of the Wee Garden. Sooo cool. *I'M* going to do this somewhere in our yard. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the thrift shops for miniatures or little doll furniture. I think this lady's prices are a bit high. But what GREAT ideas! I'm psyched!

Big day today: twins have school and while they are there, Delaney and I will go do groceries. Tonight they all have Kindermusik classes so we will be busy from 5 - 7 with that. I also have laundry and house-cleaning to do as I've been very lazy all week.

Temps are going back up again. I could tell last night because the a/c kicked on around 8:00. It's starting to be humid. Yuck. I really want fall to be here.

5 comments:

Saille Moon said...

I just had to say thank you for the link to Wee Gardens. I went to look at it and I love it. I am a gardener by trade and my children and I like to build fairy houses in the yard around our house. Wee Gardening would be a perfect combination of the two. My imagination was kicked into overdrive when I saw them and I can't wait to start making and collecting items. Thanks again.

Saille Moon said...

It is funny that you mention your washer/dryer. When I was a young child we did not have a washer or dryer in our home. We washed clothes in a wash tub, with a wash-board in the front yard (like the ancestors). I was about 10 when we finally got our own washer/dryer. I will never forget how special and exciting that was for our whole family.

I showed my children the pictures from Wee Gardens. They can't wait to start giving our fairy houses some fancy gardens this weekend. I've already figured out how to make an urn out of sculpey. Here is a pic of the one I made last night:

Miniature Urn

I don't have any pics of the fairy houses right now. They were lost the last time my computer crashed. I still need to take some new ones. I will share as soon as I do though. Feel free to contact me via email anytime.

Saille

Shannon said...

Ooooh! Sculpey clay! I never thought to make my own little pots. Great idea!

Here are some great fairy house images...

http://images.google.com/images?q=fairy+houses&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLG&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

The wheels are starting to turn in my mind!

Anonymous said...

Did you notice the "Wee Gardeners" were twins as well?

Shannon said...

Liz,

I did see the boys at their dining table and wondered about that. Do you think they are twins? Maybe it said somewhere and I missed it. You are a better reader than I am!

=)
Shan