Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A post about...nothing!

I've been a bit quiet lately. There's not much to report after that busy week-end we had, I guess. I've just been hanging out around the house and working on my sweater. I'm almost to the point where I'll add the first armhole. Very exciting stuff.

The temperatures have been wonderful. The past two days, low 70's and very breezy...almost "windy" (I have a new definition of that after living in Iceland)...seriously, I saw clouds in the sky and felt wind that reminded me of Iceland...and wind speeds were about 15 knots, which would have been a day I could push the stroller around without it being pulled from my hands! I can still remember that 20 knots was my absolute limit if I wanted to be outside with Delaney.

The smells of the air and leaves over the past few days also have me remembering magic autumns spent with my cousin Richard at my dad's house in PA. We always ran through the woods at this time of year (well, more like October and November). Climbing trees and rocks, jumping off rocks...playing all kinds of kid games and exploring. There was also one November, namely the Wednesday before Thanksgiving in 1980, when Laura B. and I were playing SUPERHEROES and jumping off rocks at her house and I jumped and broke my ankle. It was more of a crack in the bone, not a true break...my father completely thought I was pretending ("It's not broken. Walk on it, Shannon!") and made me suffer through the night. Good thing my grandmother convinced him on Thanksgiving Day that he needed to take me to the ER to have it seen!

Anyway...Delaney woke me this morning at 5am with "Mommy! I had a bad dream!!!" I predict we will soon have colds. It always starts like this. Bad dreams from the kids signal approaching illness. Fun, fun. I started on my Trimune yesterday because I felt completely wiped out all day. When I picked up Delaney at school on Monday, her teacher was blowing her nose and very obviously ill. Yay. Right now, it's 8:30 and Delaney is still asleep, or at least being very quiet in bed which would be quite unusual, so I'm guessing she's sleeping. The twins are happily watching PBS - everyone's new favorite show is called "Super Why!" and is a beginning reader show. I hear them shouting out letters and answering questions the whole time they watch it. William is ahead of Tinna on knowing his alphabet. I think the combo of "Super Why!" and "Superhero ABC" is really helping him. We've borrowed the "Superhero ABC" twice from the library now. I think it's time to buy my own copy.

Finally, some rain today. It's not heavy at all, more like misty. I think we will still walk over to school but I have a few more hours to decide. I'm also off to K-Mart later to look for some "Estroven PMS". I've read great reviews about this and how it helps control moodiness and PMS symptoms. Sooo worth a try, especially if it works!

No comments: