Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wolfgang's Vault

I'm quickly becoming addicted to this site. Today on my laptop it's Dolly Parton in concert at the Bottom Line, May 13, 1977. The "Here You Come Again" and "Two Doors Down" era. I can still remember walking into the music store with my dad and while my dad was talking to Jimmy (the owner of the store), I picked up this album and said I wanted it. I remember my dad saying "You don't want that." Me: "Yes I do." Dad: "Are you sure you want that?" Me: "Yes. I want it. I do. I want it." Dad: "Well, put it up here then." Meaning, on the counter so he could pay for it. I was 7 years old. I played the hell out of that record and I still have it in my possession today. Dolly is such an amazing musician and woman and I've always loved her. So...while the kids are watching their Disney movie, I'm sitting here listening to Dolly and being a slacker mom.

We had a playdate this morning with 2 little boys from up the street. Very nice family. About 30 minutes before they were scheduled to arrive, I received a phone call from Steve's Uncle Jim who lives about an hour away from us. He said he'd be in the area and could he stop in to see the kids. I'd never met him before so I wasn't sure what to expect but I warned him there would be a lot of kids here. He showed up with donut holes for the kids AND a bunch of magic tricks in his bag. See, he is a magician and goes around to hospitals and performs for little kids. All 5 of the kids in our house had a BLAST while he was here! Photos below.

And that's today's update. There's more in the works for the next two days but I think I'll keep you sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation!





2 comments:

Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Things were jumping at your house today! I considered calling to see if I could stop by, and I see now that it's a good thing I didn't! Uncle Jim sounds like THE BEST! By the way, you've been tagged (July 8 post) :-)

Shannon said...

Ok...PLEASE forgive me for being so stooopid. How do I know I was tagged and what do I do next? I've looked at 7/8/07 and cannot see anything that would tell me I've been tagged. ARRGH! I hate technology! =)