Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Something to make you go HMMmmmm

I was scoping the local theatre for the times of the newest Harry Potter flick and noticed the statement below. Can anyone out there tell me what's wrong with this?

Note: No Children Under Age 6 Will Be Admitted To Any R-Rated Feature After 6:00 PM. No one under the age of 17 will be permitted into this theater on Friday & Saturday evenings after 6pm, unless accompanied by their legal parent. Parents MUST stay and watch the same movie with their child on those evenings. Valid IDs will be required to attend Rated "R" movies. You must be at least 17 years of age or have your parent accompany you to view the movie. IDs will be checked at the theatre.

Ok, maybe it's just me, but why would a child be any more or less affected by an R-rated movie depending on the time of day in which it is seen??? Something to ponder. You know, not to mention the lack of morals or values a parent might have to take a 6 year old to an R-rated movie in the first place. I don't consider myself too much of a prude but I do feel limits are set for a reason and most of what *I'VE* seen in R-rated movies are not the kinds of things I want my children seeing or repeating...so now we know why 4 year olds in pre-school call each other "butt head" or worse.

I'll have a bigger and better post than this later today. But it was something I needed to get off my chest.

No comments: