Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Update on Tinna...

Ok, ok...so before I get a "howler"* from someone about Tinna's condition, I thought I'd give you a quick update. We went to the pediatrician yesterday - not because I was concerned about Tinna needing the rabies shots but because of something my friend Slurpie said to me. Basically, she thinks if we did not get the rabies shots for Tinna, the health department might send our case to child services and they might try to get us for "neglect". So, I just wanted to cover my bum, so to speak. The dr looked at her arm and said "When was her last tetnus shot?" He was COMPLETELY unconcerned with possible rabies exposure and he felt that rabies vaccinations were unwarranted for her. YAY!!! Of course, we could not reach anyone at the Health Department while at his office, so it is very possible they might come back and still say she needs to get the shots, but at least I have her doctor on my side. The scratch barely drew blood. Even when I went to the vet's with Henry today, I mentioned it to one of the vet techs and she just laughed. "Rabies shots? For a scratch?!" So, I'm feeling better about this situation and hope nothing more comes of it. At any rate, her scratch is almost gone now.

I have finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. GREAT read! I highly recommend it. I won't say more than that in case anyone who reads this blog is reading the story. I'm sad the series is over but it was well ended.

Oh, and while I was looking for the "howler" reference above, I came across this WAAAAYYYY cool link to "The Owls of Harry Potter" Check it out here. How fun! The owls are beautiful.

We are heading down the street for dinner tonight at our neighbor's house. I've heard rumour of hot dogs and pasta salad. I was told "it won't be fancy" but hey, *I* don't have to cook it, do I? So...who's complaining?!

No new pictures today. It's been an awfully slow week!


*About.com says "A howler is a letter that shouts out at it's recipient. Parents of Hogwart's students find these quite useful for disciplining their children while they are at school." I bet my dad would have liked to been able to send me a howler or two when I was away at school! Ha!

No comments: