Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's in my hot little hands...

I got it. My copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I'm on page 50 now...and that's after only an hour or so of reading. You can bet what I'll be doing tonight...skipping my traditional Saturday night BritComs to read this book! I cannot wait for a few hours of peace and quiet!

I think I'm turning into a real Southern Belle. Well...yeah, ok...maybe not...but I was born in Maryland and I *DID* make my very first batch of "sweet tea" today. My great-grandmother came from Timberville, VA, so maybe I have some rebel blood in me somewhere. Anyway, the tea...Delaney loves it. I hated it as a child...William and Tinna don't seem to care for it much yet. Delaney had it at my friend's house yesterday and begged me to make some. So, when we bought our groceries today, I remembered to buy Luzianne tea bags - because this, apparently, is the ONLY brand with which to make sweet tea! Want to try? Here's the recipe below.

Southern Sweet Tea

3 "family size" Luzianne tea bags
2 cups water
1 cup sugar

Place the 3 tea bags in the 2 cups of water and bring the water to a boil. Turn off the pot and allow tea to steep and cool for a bit. Pour warm tea into a gallon pitcher and add the sugar - stirring until it dissolves completely. Fill pitcher the rest of the way with cold water. Serve. Yummm, yumm! Oh! I just realized I have mint growing in my yard and that might be very tasty in this, too. Ooooh. I'll have to try it!

The weather today: ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN GORGEOUS! Very low humidity, breezy. Probably mid-low 80's. The kids got cold swimming in the pool. I didn't even swim. I sat under the tree, drank my sweet tea, and read Harry Potter.

No comments: