Monday, July 23, 2007

Insects

VA has afforded me the opportunity to get some cool photos of insects. I don't think I've lived in a buggier place in my entire life! Today, I have some little flying guy with big eyes and what I think is a "tunnel" spider. You'll see why in a moment. I started snapping photos of spiders last week because it seems as if I see a different type of spider every single day. I thought it would be kind of neat to keep a little scrapbook (so to speak) of them. I'm up to 4 or 5 different types now, even though I'm only posting this one photo today. Eventually I'll do a post with just photos of spiders. Kind of ironic that I even care about this, seeing how Boris* just isn't my most favourite creature on this planet.

Not too much going on this week-end. Yesterday I spent the majority of the day catching up on laundry. In the afternoon, we went out to my friends' house to make blackberry jam, spin wool, then gather and eat with a bunch of other friends. The kids were a little bit bored after awhile but they got through it and we didn't even get home until after 9 last night. It's 8:30 a.m. as I write this and Delaney and William are still sleeping!

For those of you who are wondering...NO, I have NOT finished Harry Potter yet. I am not even close. Do you think I live a life of luxury where I can just sit around and read all day and night? Hell No! I have 3 children. Have you ever tried to read with 3 children running around fighting and demanding all of your attention all day? There's not much time for reading, let me tell you!

The twins have Kindermusik Camp this week. It only lasts for 45 minutes each day but they will be learning about creatures in their backyard. Maybe we'll learn how to get rid of that pesky squirrel who keeps stealing our birdseed and drinking our hummingbird nectar!

That's all for now. Photos are of the big-eyed bug and the tunnel spider. It's been a slow few days of kid photos. Maybe later in the week!




*"Boris the Spider" is a song by the band The Who

No comments: