Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Yule...to me!

Yule? In April? Why is it "Happy Yule...to me!"??? Because the replica Stevie Nicks half-moon pendant that was ordered for me on November 12, 2006 has FINALLY ARRIVED! When Steve ordered the thing, he was told "delivery in about two weeks". We gave it a month and he started calling a week before Yule. "Oh yes, so sorry, they are backordered. Our supplier makes them by hand and is having some family problems" or some such sob story. And Steve called AGAIN in January and AGAIN in February, with hopes that the pendant just *might* make it here for my birthday but the lady gave us the same story. She offered to refund our money but swore that she would have a shipment in the next month. I was pissed, of course, and said "One more month and that is IT." Last week Steve said to me "I think we were scammed. We need to call again." and we didn't because we've been distracted. Lo and behold, guess what arrives in the post today ...a small envelope from The Enchanted Mirror...containing the pendant and 4 photographs of Stevie. Not the greatest photos but there is one good one, older Stevie, the beautiful crone goddess in profile view. It'll be in a frame above my sewing station when we get settled in our new house. As a matter of fact, I think I'll even start my own Stevie wall...

Anyway...photos from the week-end...




I couldn't resist this one of Henry on the couch last Friday morning. He must have been cold to choose the couch with the blanket on it!




Young artists on Saturday.




Paint was everywhere.




My Stevie pendant. I love it because it has two bales on the back...one at each end...so I can reverse it depending on the current moon phase.




Having fun taking photos of myself in the mirror. Some were really goofy looking...this one wasn't half bad. (Does that mean it wasn't half good, either?)

No comments: