Friday, April 27, 2007

"The Book"

For a fun time, go here

"A comedy about medieval tech support, learning how to use a book. It's from a show called Øystein & Meg (Øystein & I) produced by the Norwegian Broadcasting television channel (NRK) in 2001. The spoken language is Norwegian, the subs in Danish. It's written by Knut Nærum and performed by Øystein Bache and Rune Gokstad."

Very funny!


And now some photos from our trip to Victoria Gardens and strawberry picking. There's not much to report. We'd been there before, but for pumpkin picking. Same thing, different day. The kids had fun and that's the most important thing. Victoria Gardens is out east in a town called Lakeside. It's very close to a town called Santee (where my friend Jen grew up - HI JEN!) and where Steven looked for us for a house but didn't find one. I thank him every time we go out that way. It is hotter than hell out there...easily 10 degrees hotter than where we live right now...and not much breeze action. I can't imagine living out there in the dead of summer, although Steve tells me the houses all have AC, unlike our house here. Ok, whatever. On with the show...




Willliam, horsing around.




Tinna on horse.




Delaney, on Pongo.




Picking strawberries.




Tinna shows off her strawberry.




Delaney, using the proper strawberry plucking technique.




Heading west!




The three horsepersons. Unfortunately, William's horse had been decapitated!




I saw this bust on an old building in Lakeside. I like the contrast between the old face and new barbed wire. This building is an electric company. I didn't understand the need for the wire. It was located right beside a Burger King.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is next to a Burger King...
The face was probably vandalized at some point thus the need for the barbed wire.

Shannon said...

Possibly. I neglected to say there was one of these faces on every corner of the building...so...I'm not sure if that is the case. But maybe!