Thursday, March 15, 2007

I love little pink donut boxes

One thing I noticed upon moving to CA is the number of donut stores around town. There are at least 5 within a mile and a half of our house. I don't remember it being like this back east and there was only Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme available to us in Brandon, FL. Here, there is a donut shop on practically every corner and in every strip mall. They are run by Asian families...I'm guessing Chinese, but I could be wrong, of course, I'm no Asian expert. I wonder if there are this many donut stores in China or is it just a way to survive in America? It doesn't matter, it's just something I wonder about now and then. At any rate, the donuts are good and fresh and I just love the little pink donut boxes.





Yesterday was playgroup and St. Patrick's Day party. The ladies also honored Dr. Seuss's birthday and the 50th anniversary of The Cat in The Hat. They made green eggs and ham for all of the kids. My kids had fun, although they weren't really all that impressed with the "Irish" potato that went along with the eggs and ham.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwweeeee! Looking at this makes me glad I'm not Irish. Tipping a few Guinness is as far as I'll go.

Shannon said...

I knew a guy in college who drank so many green beers on St Patty's that he pissed green for a few days afterward. I had *10* on that particular night...and my pee wasn't green...how many do you think he had??? He wasn't Irish, either. Just a good German lad. Pappy would have loved him. But, you know, I have McCarney in me (or is it McBlarney?!)...so I'm a wee bit Irish and I don't mind all of the green food...unless it's green from mold.