Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




Happy Thanksgiving to all our family and friends! We have about 20 minutes before the Macy's Parade starts and the kids are getting excited to see it. Everyone has had a yummy breakfast, thank you GranDee for the recipe. It is a keeper and I'm posting below. We all agreed that this will now be our official holiday breakfast. My dear husband allowed me to sleep in today...he even slept on the couch last night so I could have a good night's sleep for a change! (Ok, this was not by design, he just fell asleep there and stayed put all night...but it made for a really restful night for me and for that, I'm certainly THANKFUL!) All of the kids slept through the night so I'm feeling pretty good today. We hope everyone has a wonderful day and we wish we could be closer to spend it with you.

Rainey's Thanksgiving Company French Toast Recipe
from FamilyLife.com

1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8-12 slices of bread
8-9 eggs
pinch of salt
1 3/4 - 2 cups milk

Melt margarine* in a 9x13 pan. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir. Lay bread on mixture. (I did two layers of bread) Beat eggs and salt together, then add milk. Pour over bread. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.

The next morning, uncover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Cut into squares and place upside down on plate so margarine and cinnamon are on top.

*I used Parkay squeeze margarine, which is already liquidy. I heated it up for about 20 seconds in the microwave, just to warm it before mixing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.k. o.k. I read it but I'm not ready to tackle garbage pail turkey. Mabey by next year I'll be a little more domestic. -Liz p.