Sunday, September 24, 2006

L'Shanah Tova!






We spent Friday at the San Diego Zoo. Very nice but too hilly for my tastes! My legs are *still* hurting from all of the walking we did. You can see a few photos here. I love the photo of the kids looking at the Rhino...hopefully it will come across nicely.

The rest of this week-end is being spent quietly at home. Everyone in the household has colds and we are all tired. I have not had a solid night of sleep in...hmmm...well, I can't even remember how long now. William was up last night at 1:40 crying hysterically...he couldn't find his baby. Just as I was falling asleep again, Delaney woke up yelling "Mommy, I had a bad dream and I peed in my bed!" Good thing today is laundry day.

L'Shanah Tova to all of my Jewish friends. Rosh Hashanah is the start of the Jewish New Year. It's considered the birthday of the world and the round challah symbolizes G-d's crown (because he is King of the world) and eternity. You can see a photo of my round challah above. I spent the day yesterday cooking and eating with my family. The weather here was beautiful and we had a lovely day together.

No comments: