Friday, July 14, 2006

Hello from Box Mountain!

This will be a quick post, basically to say hello to everyone out there. I'm missing my friends and family terribly these days. Steve was away in NY for most of last week so it's just been me and the kids and the boxes. I did get out with the kids one day to go to a nearby park and then to Wal-Mart for some shopping. Yesterday, we went to the local grocery store. When I got home, I had a flat tire, sooooo, it's a good thing hubby is home now! LOL!

I'm still struggling under the box mountains here. I swear the loading men sprinkled magic dust on the boxes so when one was unpacked, it would multiply into a new box. We will be having one hell of a yard sale, that is certain!

It's been so long since I've been able to post OR email. We signed up with AT&T "SBC Yahoo!" DSL service. Ugh. It seems like nothing but problems so far. We are hoping to get it cleared up soon. I was without service altogether while Steven was gone and now that he is back, this DSL line is slower than dial-up! It is very frustrating to sit here for 3 or 4 minutes while a page loads or eventually times out. Sheesh. It takes me back to the days of true modem dial-up on my 386 and the l-a-g I'd experience while chatting on the Cleveland Freenet. I'm showing my age, eh?

Need to sign off for now and get the day started. Maybe we'll have the house under control by the end of next week and actually get out to experience some of San Diego. I felt suicidal (yes, seriously) two days ago with all of the mess and the kids stringing toys from one end of the house to the other and being out here all alone. It just seems like it will never come together for us but maybe now that Steve is back home it will be easier?

No comments: