Sunday, February 01, 2009

HERE WE GO...



Needless to say, *I'm* ready for the big game!

Busy week, this past one. We had friends over on Thursday. Chandra henna'd my hair for me again and it turned out really nice this time...I used LUSH's "Caca Brun" and mixed it with coffee instead of water for a nice dark brown colour and not a lot of red. Yay! It is the best yet! Kids made it to school every day this week. I got things done around the house AND started working out again after so many months of procrastination. Yesterday we took a run up to Newport News to Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Dick's (sporting goods store). We got 5 geocaches while we were up there, too. I was able to pick up some new books: "2-at-a-time Socks", "Son of Stitch 'n Bitch", Nabokov's "Pnin", and Whitman's "Leaves of Grass." Not sure what that selection says about my reading habits...could probably be something scary so I'd better not try to analyze it! We got back home around 5 and Steven treated us all to some delicious fried chicken. I love to eat it but I hate how the house smells now.

Not sure what we are up to today...it is supposed to be pretty warm here...about 58F from the reports I've seen.

Here are a few photos from last week:

Delaney, Tinna & Laney


Chandra playing Barbies with the kids

I noticed the pair of mated cardinals on the feeder the other day (same day I made the post about them) and tried to get a photo...THIS is what happened as I snapped the photo...and the male flew away...I was quite annoyed...

Until I realized it was the red-breasted woodpecker flying in for a bite!

And then later, the male cardinal came back and I finally got his picture...so I was happy!

No comments: