Saturday, September 27, 2008

IndiaFest 2008

Fun for us adults, a tad boring for the kids. They were happy when the dancers were on stage but the rest of the time, they were pretty bored. We looked at the vendor booths, I had mehendi done on my hand - this time on the palm. (It is so much more beautiful than the one I had done last week-end at Autumn Moon. I knew the Indian ladies would not let me down!) We had some delicious food (chicken curry and samosas) and enjoyed looking at all of the colourful clothing everyone was wearing. The girls got some bangles that are pink and gold and *very* sparkly and I got a large silver one. All in all I thought it was a great time but I think next year maybe we'll go without kids.

Delaney trying on a tika (hair ornament)

Tinna with her bindi (the dot on her forehead)

My mehendi - absolute gorgeous!

One of the young dancers - my girls are at the edge of the stage...they just couldn't get close enough!

Here's a photo of William (and Tinna) drawing some pictures at the children's area

No comments: