Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frustrating...

Do you know how frustrating it is to have placed an order for some great things from Knit Picks last Friday and to have it not be here YET!!! I guess I should try to be more patient because what that box contains absolutely cannot be used until I complete the Truly Tasha. Really. I know myself too well...I cannot allow myself to start another project until this one (and Pel!) are finished up. I got my blocking wires back from Liudwih last week-end. There's really no excuse for Pel to not be washed and blocking right now.

Except for the fact that I've been a little bit busy. Swimming. Working out this morning, picking up the twins and running to the Indian grocer (Taj Bazar on VA Beach Blvd - a most excellent store and the lady is soooo friendly and helpful). Then a stop by the Asian grocer. And a stop at a newly discovered swimming store for goggles...did you know they make goggles for us blind people? Yep. I bought the strongest pair they had and still need them to be stronger...but I figure it's better than no goggles at all! I'm a bit tired of the spots on my glasses. After the swimming store we headed back toward home for a stop at Kroger. Milk, fresh green beans. I'm going to make "Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Sauce" either tonight or tomorrow. It looks sort of like soup in the book. Yummy. I'll post the recipe if it's any good.

While at the grocer I picked up a postcard for "IndiaFest 2008". It's being held at ODU on Sept 27. It really looks like a lot of fun and I hope we can go. The lady at the Indian grocery said the food is fabulous and there is a lot of dancing and entertainment. Plus, I think it is free. Yay!!!

1 comment:

Liudwih said...

I tried to get to go to IndiaFest last year remember! It is so much fun to see all the dancer, hear the music and of course to eat the food. It is so worth the visit.