Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting in gear

It's been a long time since I've been motivated. I don't know why but ever since Steven got home in June I've been lazy. Big time lazy. (In trying to analyze it, I wonder if I'm just exhausted from 7 months alone???) My house is wrecked, I haven't worked out. Thankfully I haven't gained more than 5 pounds, despite my best efforts at eating tons of ice cream and junk food! I think I'm finally on my way back to myself. School starts in one week for Delaney. The twinkies start the following week. I'm starting to think about my schedule with all of them and how I can fit in everything I want to do while I have the time alone each day. Normal housework, spinning, knitting, quilting...reading! Walks and bike rides...alone. The possibilities are endless. I also plan to go through this house and declutter. (When I look into my crystal ball, I can see a yard sale in my future) I started yesterday with Tinna's dresser and closet...Ashley had called in the morning and I invited her and the kids to come over to play after lunch. By the time she got here at 1:00, I had two GARBAGE bags full of clothes that did not fit Tinna!!! No child needs that many clothes! Hopefully Ash was happy to have them for Akemi.

I'm *almost* finished plying All Spun Up. Almost. It might happen today. I probably won't get a good photo as the day is rather dreary looking and this is yarn that truly needs to be photographed in sunlight. Ash and I knitted yesterday. She was working on a pair of two-at-a-time toe-up socks in Felici "Coney Island". Guaranteed I'm going to be ordering some of this for myself and she's going to teach me how to do these socks. Absolutely beautiful! So now I'm really motivated to get this Tasha shawl finished and the stupid Pel blocked and put together (especially before fall really arrives!). I WANT TO KNIT SOCKS!!!

Not much on for today except bathing kids and working on the above projects. I'm going to try to make a whole chicken in the crock pot for the first time. Hopefully that will turn out well. I can't say enough how much I love using my crock! TTFN!

1 comment:

frksnupp said...

Hope your energy will come back soon! Decluttering has a strange way of giving back =) there are photos from Crete @ Flickr, I´m going to have another look at you NY pics soon. Have a great week!