Friday, July 11, 2008

Plying my singles

Last night's spinning class was interesting to say the least! Mary helped me take my singles off the drop spindle. At first, she couldn't find my knot from the beginning and we needed that so we could ply from each end. Finally she found it and we got going pretty well...then there was some big mess closer to the center where I had been wrapping at the top and moved to the bottom or who knows what...but we had to break the yarn and start again. That happened a second time as well. In the end, she had to give me a second drop spindle to sort it and we never did get finished plying everything I had spun over the past few weeks...so now I have a project to work on before next week's class!

I also have another project to work on...I brought home my brand-spanking-new Lendrum wheel last night! Hello, love-aaaaa! For now, it is still in the box. Today is going to be busy as the kids have a MAJOR PLAYDATE with **7** kids from their music class!!! I thought the weather today was supposed to be nice and all of the kids could play out and take turns swimming. Well, guess what? It looks like it is going to rain. Yup. There will be 10 kids at my house from noon until who knows when. (I'm still holding out hope that the sun will shine...it's only 7:45 so we have a bit of time!) Sooo...my beautiful Lendrum is just going to stay in the box until the madness is over. I'm not taking any chances with this baby.

Photos from last night...

Tying on...

Learning how to tie on and wrap the plied yarn...

Plying! What you can't see is Mary standing about 10 feet away from me trying to separate and sort the mess in between the two ends. She's definitely dedicated to her students.

No comments: