Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Pioneer Woman does it again...

Quite awhile ago I blogged about the Pioneer Woman's Pico de Gallo and how delicious it was. Well, well, she's done it again...but this time with little red potatoes. She calls them "Crash Hot Potatoes". People on Ravelry have been raving about these for a few weeks now so I decided to give them a try. OMG, DE-LISH!!! I put my own spin on them by using olive oil that I had infused with basil from the garden. The whole combination of basil olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and chives almost sent me into an epileptic fit. I cannot seem to find the words to express just how good these things are!



Steven finished painting the bathroom cabinet doors two days ago and put them back on the cabinets last night. It looks so much better! Now, if we could just get rid of the off-white toilet and sink it would all be perfect...but you know, I'm never satisfied and then I'd complain about the ugly flooring. LOL. Seriously, though, I LOVE the white cabinets. Later today I'm going to start preparing the cabinets in the hallway bathroom so we can paint those, too. Bye-bye ugly brown.


There's not much happening around here today. I have to run to the library to pick up a book I reserved...The Handmaid's Tale. I guess this will be my big summer read. I started Amy Tan's "The Joy Luck Club" a few days ago but will have to shelve it now that this one is being held for me. I'm really looking forward to beach days this year as the kids are getting to the point where they don't need an extreme amount of adult interaction while they are playing. I'll be spinning a bit today, too since I'm still trying to fill this bobbin in preparation for my next class on the 9th of July. I guess I have time but we are going away to NC for a few days next week (more on that later) so I know the time will pass quickly!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I went out and bought a ton of tomatoes ... pico de gallo here I come!

Shannon said...

Looks good, doesn't it? I LOVE her blog and all of the step-by-step beautiful photos! Let me know how it works out for you. I bought the wrong kind of hot pepper and mine was really hot but the rest of the flavour was wonderful. Yummmy. Now I'm hungry!