Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thoughts on motherhood

Being a mother isn't about dozens of roses in fancy vases...it's about clover and dandelions in tea cups...



Isn't that the sweetest thing? Since they've been forbidden to pick the flowers out of the garden, they pick the ones they can find in the yard! Surprisingly, clover holds up pretty well once placed in water.

Yesterday turned out to be quite a busy day. Henry had a check-up, Delaney went back to school, I took the twinkies to their end-of-the-year school party (photos below), I stopped at Starbuck's for a cuppa Joe, and then...well...then I came home and picked up tree debris and toys in the yard and mowed! Dinner was quesadillas...I made mine with black beans and that was really yummy. Maybe the spinach and feta pie will happen today. I looked at the recipe at 4:15 and realized I didn't have it in me to prepare it. It looked a little time intensive...buttering every layer of the phyllo dough, softening onion, etc. Today, I know what I'm in for and can start earlier.

Photos from yesterday...Tinna and William with their teachers, Miss Kathy and Miss Amy, getting goodies, and playing at the park.




1 comment:

Alily said...

Hello!I'm also a mother of 3 kids.
I'm writing this comment from Japan.
"Being a mother isn't about dozens of roses in fancy vases...it's about clover and dandelions in tea cups..."
I love this phrase!! Sounds cute, gentle, and really impressive!
Thank you!