Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day...so...Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends who are mothers! The kids were up before 7 (maybe next year they'll know how to sleep in???). I didn't wake up before them so now we'll all need to go walk the dog together. At any rate, I was given some lovely gifts this morning...Delaney made me a magnetic note holder at school. William and Tinna made me handprints at school and the little poem on the back of those made me cry. Awwwww.

It never did rain yesterday. The kids and I went strawberry picking in the morning, then up to Jojack's for a chai latte for me afterwards. When we got home, I made them strawberry smoothies (milk, yogurt, ice, and strawberries all blended together - easy peasy) and then they played outside. Yesterday was about 15 degrees cooler than it had been at the end of last week so they had lots of energy to run and run. That was nice for me because I got the house tidied up, folded the last two loads of laundry, and mopped the kitchen floor after lunch. After that, I made a strawberry galette and worked out for 30 minutes. Had a quick shower and then Ash, Evan, and Akemi were here. Kids played out some more and we had dinner...homemade shrimp fried rice, and fresh salad...even a few glasses of wine. All-in-all, a very nice day.




No comments: