Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yesterday

It was pretty quiet around here yesterday. I washed sheets, went to the post office and then took the twinkies to the library. I picked up Julia Child's "The Way To Cook" (awesome) and Giada De Laurentiis's "Everyday Italian" (even more awesome). I'm still in love. There are so many great recipes in both of these books...I'll be cooking new things for a l-o-n-g time. The Julia Child book would be a nice gift to a new bride or young adult going off on his/her own because it is just packed with knowledge.

When we got back from the library, I grabbed the mail and found that the roving I bought on Etsy had arrived. Yaaa-hoo! My wheel is supposed to be here today and now I have plenty to spin. I bought a small sample pack...5 2-yard bats of roving for $5 in "neutral" (tan, black, white, loden) colours. The loden colour is especially pretty - sort of greenish-brown with flecks of red and orange through it. I can't wait to see what it looks like once I know how to use my wheel! I might be ordering more of that. I think it would be quite nice for this cobblestone sweater.

Not much on for today. The weather is still ugly. Instead of rain, we now have fog. WILL THE SUN EVER SHINE AGAIN??? The twinkies will go to school today then I'll be back home to give Delaney a bath and have her do her homework. I tried to give her a night off last night and it backfired on me so now we need to make up for the work we didn't do yesterday. Oh well, such is motherhood, I suppose. Tonight is the worst night of the week with everyone having Kindermusik and the running back and forth across the street until 7pm.

We played bowling on the Wii last night and that was very fun. I actually scored quite well...178 or something like that (it might have been 148 or even 198, I cannot remember exactly but it was my best ever. EVER.). It is much easier than bowling with one of those heavy balls in a real bowling alley! Love it.

No comments: