Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Visit from Bob & Bonnie

Uncle Bob & Aunt Bonnie came by for a visit last night. Bob had some business here in the Norfolk area so I offered to cook dinner for them. Everyone had a great time! Visits like these and my trips to PA make me sad to be so far away from my family (and the mountains!). We all used to be pretty tight as most of my aunts and uncles stayed in their hometown when they were grown. My grandparents all died about the same time as all of us cousins were growing up and moving out of town. I know things change as time passes but I guess it's a kind of life my kids won't really know and I consider myself lucky to have had it.

Today: twinkies are back in school! Waa-hoo! I'll get an hour to myself in just a little while when Delaney gets on the bus. Don't know what I'll do. I'm thinking to head up to CHKD and Rose's (discount store like Dollar General but they have amazing plants). I wanted to do some yard clean-up and make a start on planting the plants that I already have but it's windy as heck. Everytime I think I'll be able to rake it turns out to be like this. Delaney says it's because I pick the wrong days. Hmmpf. Still, it's humid and warm (70F already) and I really feel like I need to get some things done around here. So, that's the plan.

Nothing else on the radar, except maybe a trip to Pet Smart for some turtle food and chemicals. I need to clean Abbey's tank as well. (Ick) I guess it will be a pretty busy day afterall.

Photo of kids with Aunt Bonnie & Uncle Bob

No comments: