Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Some sun...

We've had a bit of sun peeking through but the skies are still mostly cloudy. I'd put money on more rain later.

I'm feeling a bit better today. I still can't smell much of anything (can taste salty and sweet, ironically, but no real flavour yet). At least I can function. I spent so much time sitting on the couch yesterday that my ass hurt last night. That hasn't happened to me in at least 6 years. =) Delaney and I went to the Commissary for groceries this morning. I got the girls' bedroom picked up a bit and now I just have to finish Will's room and the family room and then I can vacuum. I'll still need to do bathrooms and dusting, maybe tomorrow morning. My sister-in-law and niece are coming in tomorrow evening and will be staying for a few days. We'll have some fun and I'm looking forward to getting my hair cut. Woo-hoo!

I've been working on the shawl and am on the last skein now. After this it's on to the lace pattern around the outer edges. I'm reading "The Course of Irish History" these days. So interesting. I'm just past the neolithic time frame and the Celts have already arrived, I think I left off around 800 CE. I'm always amazed by the language changes that came about and how historians are even able to determine that being that we are so far away from it in time. I mean, it was all before written language so how the heck do they know certain words were pronounced one way or another? Anyway...enough rambling.

I guess my lunch break is about over and I need to make another start on putting kid junk away. Later!

No comments: