Friday, April 25, 2008

Quiet shock

So...Delaney is on a field trip with school today. She left the house at 7:45 this morning, very excited and very happy...riding the bus that she will ride in the fall when she goes to school all day. I started laundry, fed twinkies, took them with me to walk the dog so Debbie and Katie could try to sleep in a little bit. Kids played out in the yard for awhile and then Debbie was up. It was discussed yesterday that she and Katie would take the twinkies with them to the beach for a few hours and I could have time alone, get my hair cut, etc. Tinna said she did not want to go...she wanted to stay home with mama. Fine with me, one child is easier than three, so I asked Debbie if she minded me going to get my haircut around 10...that way I could go alone and she and Katie could still get out to the beach this afternoon. I went, got the hair cut (very nice, by the way...I paid the extra to have it washed, too! It's a lot shorter, at my shoulders and layered now.), stopped by Sam's Club for some food items. Back home, switched laundry, Debbie and Katie got ready to go to the beach...then both kids wanted to go along! Tinna was torn and teary-eyed. She was afraid I wouldn't be here when she got back but I assured her I'd be here waiting for her and she went.

Here I sit. All alone, a bit lost, and writing my blog. The only sounds are my typing, the water in the turtle tank, and the washer/dryer. Wow. THIS is how it will be next year with all of the kids in school at the same time. I'm so shocked, I don't know what to do first.

Here are my choices: eat lunch, ride my exercise bike, attempt to make the lawn mower run again and mow the grass if I can get it started, clean the turtle tank, clean out car, wash car, dig in dirt (ie, weed the garden), go shopping, get a pedicure. Holy hell! Too much freedom, me thinks!!!

I believe I'll start with: ride the exercise bike, eat lunch, switch the loads of laundry, and go out for a pedicure. =) I'll need to be back home before 3:15 to get Laney off the bus. Hmmm. Maybe I need to rework this...eat lunch, get pedicure, switch laundry, ride bike, clean turt tank...screw the lawn!!! Woo-hoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoulder length and layered???? I thought you would never get layers in your hair ever again?!?!?!?! OOOH.. I SO want to see pictures.

BTW - tell Lori she is not my baby and I do not love her...