Friday, April 18, 2008

The one where I blog about Black Sambuca...

And why I'm dreaming of it, I'll never know! But last night I set off on my bicycle with a friend to procure some of it. When we got to the store, the lady sold me a small portion in a baggie and gave me a shot to drink, which went straight to my head. I had to argue with her in order to purchase an entire bottle of it. She finally caved (probably because I bought some other type of liquor, which was also in a baggie) and my friend and I headed back home again. We were worried about DUIs (on bicycles?! I guess it can happen) and saw a car swerving in front of us...that's when we realized we weren't as bad off as some others! Then the dream changed or I woke up or something. Hmmm. What do you make of that? Black Sambuca? Yummmm.

And Giada. Giada...beautiful, sweet, innocent Giada. Verdure al Forno is pure e-v-i-l. What can I say? Zucchini, fontina cheese, mozzarella cheese, Pecorino Romano cheese, heavy cream. Completely fattening, heart-attack on a plate. But oh gods, pure HEAVENLY GOODNESS. I'm sure my ass got fatter last night. Definitely five smacks and a hair pull!




Laundry and yard work today...maybe nu-nuing (vaccuming) and dusting (maybe not). Definitely something light for meals and probably a good 40 minutes on the bike or Gazelle!

No comments: