Saturday, February 02, 2008

Devilishly delicious!

I recently discovered the blog of the Pioneer Woman. Holy crap, can this lady cook! I just spent the past hour trying out this Pico de Gallo recipe. The first batch was waaaay too spicy for me but luckily, I had 2 avocados in the fridge so I put most of it into the Guacamole recipe she has listed! OMG, YUMMMMMY!!! I knew the kids wouldn't be able to handle the heat of the first batch so I chopped up another round of pico de gallo without peppers. The kids didn't like the flavour of the cilantro so no one ate any of it at all. Now I have a TON of pico de gallo and almost no chips left! Oh well. Maybe I'll stop at the store tomorrow and pick up some more. It's not a half-bad snack in terms of calories. I could probably use it on top of some cooked eggs as well. The recipe is definitely a keeper and will be so nice this summer when it's hot outside.

Thought I would post a few photos. We had some bad rain yesterday. A tree limb fell in the yard and the rain ditch was filled about half-way. I didn't even think that much rain had fallen, but I guess it did. Also a photo of Will's scarf...modelled both by Will and Delaney. William was NOT happy about putting it on as you can see. The other two photos are the pico de gallo and the guacamole.

There you have it. No big plans for today. I might cook up some zucchini bread (never did get around to it last week) later but right now, I'm going to sit down for a quick rest. (Because I'm standing while I write this!)






No comments: